How Important Is It?
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half of the world population)
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a Univ. of Washington study.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime FATIGUE.
- Preliminary research indicated that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 70%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
With all of this in bind, lack of the proper amount of water will probably affect our ability to safely operate our motorcycles and puts us at a higher risk for being injured.
Also with summertime coming, make sure you are getting a proper amount of water, for your safety.